This Users Party is empty.
- hi, fellow gays
- Flamey | 17 | They/them -
Hi!! I spend all my time drawing or crying over fictional characters. Please call me Flamey, it's the only good name I have. As of right now, i'm totally head-over-heels for Pokemon, Hollow Knight, Ace Attorney and Your Turn To Die. Feel free to message me about any of these things!! I love meeting fans of the things I like!
I'm not particularly active here but I don't mind talking to people. I don't do well without a conversation topic though, and I suffer from anxiety so I sometimes take days or weeks to reply to people.
- the vessel
You shall seal the blinding light that plagues their dreams.
Game RecordsTrainer ID: #617729507
Registration: 03/03/2015 (6 Years ago)
Game Time: 6607:55 Hours
Total interactions: 373,998
Starter Pokémon: Sceptile
people in positions of power aren't absolved from any criticism, you bunch of weirdos. if anything, calling out poor behaviour or odd decisions is a good thing
That's not to say it shouldn't change, of course. It absolutely should. It shouldn't have to take public uproar from the whole userbase to get somebody to take action. Things being this bad is concerning - if everyone has to get an issue trending for it to be taken care of two times now, what else is being swept under the rug?
sooo here's some stuff to remember
- self diagnosis isn't inherently bad!! not everybody can afford to go to a professional, waiting lists are incredibly long and some parents don't allow their kids to get help for their problems. just be sure to do the right research and you're good!
- being mentally ill doesn't make you evil, a bad person, less than others, etc. people who say stuff like that are quite literally just being ableist i'm sure. you're just as worthy of love as everybody else!
if there's one thing to do here, it should be that we don't forget this. if something like this happens again, remember what happened yesterday. continue to hold people accountable for the things they've done. if by chance this person isn't banned, and does decide to come back, don't let her be welcomed here anymore. there should be absolutely no place for a creep in a website primarily aimed at children. or anywhere else, really.
forgetting things like this is what allows terrible events to happen over and over again.
- believing in and defending victims should always be the highest priority. even if something is just alleged, the possibility of disregarding it means you could be letting an abuser go free. think of how many more people they could harm. it's not worth it. being sceptical is okay but you should keep it to yourself.
- mental illness is not, and will never be, an excuse to be a disgusting human being. certain illnesses can explain some actions but that absolutely never makes it justified. do not sympathise with an accused predator just because they "could be going through a lot". the victims are always going through more pain.
- if somebody doesn't want to be called out across a whole site, they shouldn't have acted like a freak in the first place. they bought it upon themselves.
- some victims don't feel safe calling out their abusers until months or even years after the events initially took place. it's a very long, tiring and painful process.
I'm an artist! Go follow my art accounts.
art credit: all GIFs on my profile and in my signature are from Hollow Knight. my icon is also from Hollow Knight.