Alolan Mega-EvolutionsForum-Index → Suggestions → New Features → Alolan Mega-Evolutions
Forum Posts: 2
|Posted: Tue, 14/11/2017 00:38 (9 Days ago)|
|I think that the Pokemon of Alola should have a chance to get a excitng new form that boosts their stats further! However, currently none of the pokemon from Alola can Mega-Evolve. Why not make some Mega-Evolutions for them? I don't see why not!|
Forum Posts: 195
|Posted: Tue, 14/11/2017 19:57 (8 Days ago)|
Reasons for no support;
1) There are plenty of Pokemon that we all could subjectively say "X deserves a Mega Evolution" that don't have one, let alone any evolution or alternate form. (e.g. Farfetch'd, Dunsparce, Lapras, ect).
2) The aforementioned, but their stats are sub-par. Previous generations such as 1-3 have many Pokemon that are broken (in a bad way) in design that they'll never see the light of day because they either are useless competitively (in the real game), have bad stats, or don't look "exciting". In Generation 7 I can't relatively name a useless Pokemon stat wise I wouldn't use nor say that they look poor enough to warrant an upgrade.
3) A potential issue that can occur down the road is simply - continuity. Many new Mega-Forms get released every game or so, what happens if Gamefreak releases an Official Mega Evolution later to a Pokemon that PH made a Mega-Form for? Does the PH Form get scrapped and replaced with the Official Form? Do they become seperate forms? What would be the method to choose which form you get? Ect.
4) Alolan Dex hasn't even finished being 100% obtainable yet. The full dex should be released first before we can start considering getting any of them a Mega-Form.
5) I don't believe a Mega-Form being created for the sake of obtaining a new form or more stats is an appropriate reason.
Forum Posts: 795
|Posted: Fri, 17/11/2017 14:47 (6 Days ago)|
This is the main reason why I don’t support this suggestion, and this also irked me when PH added Mega Giratina and Mega Froslass too.
So, no support from my side.